Sunday, December 5, 2021

December 5--Another Day in Paradise (ADIP)

You have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn't worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.  --Louise L. Hay

    Sitting on our lovely patio with the surf off to my right:


    No, I have not yet spent time in the hammock, because I spent most of the day yesterday in the ocean. But let's back up. After blogging, I went to the fitness center and did 24 laps in the Olympic-size pool. There is something magical about lap-swimming under the sky. There is a coffee/smoothie bar adjacent to the pool where I had post-swim coffee. How cool is that! 
    Then it was a full day at the beach, spent mostly floating in the ocean. The water temperature is perfect--just cool enough to refresh and warm enough to stay in. I used plenty of sunscreen and did not get burned. I'm getting myself psyched for parasailing. I have a new favorite drink--coconut rum and Ting, a local soda pop. (Note: I use both "soda" and "pop" so that no matter where you are from, you get it. 😉😉) Lunch was fish tacos and dinner was lobster tail and mashed potatoes. The sunset was lovely with rain off in the distance but none on us. I wish I could sleep every night like I slept last night!
    Regarding the Hay quote above, I'm living proof. Approving of myself is much more rewarding. Yep, it's another choice we make, a daily practice. 
    My choice right now is more lap-swimming, then coffee! 
        Leta
Music on the beach at sunset


No comments:

Post a Comment