Monday, December 13, 2021

December 13--The Journey Home

More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of. 
--Alfred, Lord Tennyson

    Today I'm praying for safe and easy travel back to Wichita. I have experienced answered prayer MANY times, enough to know that it is a quite effective practice. 
    I'm enjoying my final swing in the hammock as I write this. Soon I'll head out for my final walk on the beach. We leave for the airport at noon. 
    The last full day here, Sunday/yesterday, held in store for us the best weather yet, totally clear blue sky all day. I was tempted to take a plain blue photo of the sky above the lap pool, to remind me when I am swimming indoors at home. After my lap swim, I had a successful negative Covid test enabling me to go home. I once again spent the afternoon floating in the choppy ocean and sunning on the beach. I was feeling a lot of melancholy. I'll miss my buds who live in Florida. I'll miss the ocean and warm temperatures. It's always sad for me to leave a beach vacation, because I can never be sure when the next one may be. (Though my buds will be here same time next year.) This is the time when I wish "Beam me up, Scotty" was a reality. 
    Our farewell dinner turned out to be a big disappointment. The first restaurant we tried was too crowded, so we went to the buffet. Only a salad line and a pasta line were open, with one person at each place to serve the long lines. Orders from the menu took over an hour. We got so weary of waiting that none of our group ordered dessert, very unlike us. The staff was clearly overworked, but kept up a good attitude. 
    The sky was pretty amazing last night--mostly quite clear with an awesome lightning show off in the distance. 
    Homeward bound and eternally grateful!
        Leta

I understand that the resort stores the Christmas
decorations for guests that come back this time each year.


No comments:

Post a Comment