Friday, December 10, 2021

December 10--Creativity, Beauty, Friendship

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched--they must be felt with the heart.  --Helen Keller

    I did an early morning swim yesterday so I could make it in time to have a full breakfast, since I pretty much had rum for supper the night before. An omelet never tasted so good!
    I went to a beading class on the beach and made an ankle bracelet. There were hundreds of little bags of assorted beads to choose from. When we finished the stringing, the man on the beach who sells jewelry put the clasp ends on for us. Creativity itself can't be seen or touched, but we recognize the results and those warm the heart. 
    I learned today that the Jamaican flag colors represent sunshine (yellow), lush vegetation (green) and the people (black). I am immersed in beauty here... the brilliant, warm sunshine and perfect cool water, the vibrant green vegetation, the kindness and courtesy of the resort workers, the opportunity to try new things (like para-sailing), a pure white hammock to sway in as I write this. My heart is overflowing with joy.
    The most wonderful part of this trip is the friendship and laughter that is truly enriching my heart. I'm getting to know much better the friends who invited me. My roomie was introduced to me several years ago at one of my yoga retreats (by the friends who invited me to Jamaica). As we have talked over our time together, we are finding more and more in common and creating a lovely bond. I'm sure this is not the last time we will be together. Plus we have a couple of early risers in the group who have, every morning, gone to the beach and set up our chairs with fresh towels, a much-appreciated service. 
    Lovin' life!
        Leta

My Jamaica JOY bracelet


The flag of Jamaica

No comments:

Post a Comment