Thursday, December 16, 2021

December 16--Spiritual Fitness

You must learn to be still in the midst of activity and to be vibrantly alive in repose.  --Indira Gandhi

    In repose, in quiet time, I learn to connect to my inner Self, which is the source of the vibrant energy that sustains me. I pay attention to each breath, which brings me into present moment awareness. We can't breathe in the past or the future--each breath is now. It is this connection to inner strength that enables us to remain centered whenever we are in the midst of activity, which may bring us into unsettling circumstances that could easily pull us into fear or negativity. In the 12-Step programs, we are reminded that we have a daily reprieve from addiction based upon the maintenance of a "fit spiritual condition." I believe that is what the quote above is all about. 
    It's a practice!
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment