Saturday, December 11, 2021

December 11--Is It Worth It?

Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact. 
--William James

    Well, duh. Simple, but true. Alas, the opposite is true, too. 
    Granted, it is easy to say that life is worth living when one is vacationing in Jamaica. This place certainly lends itself to the idea that there is never anything in life to worry about. I told my buds that I wish I could remember that for more than five minutes when I get home. 
    Yesterday was another lovely day here. I started with another lap swim followed by a big brunch. Then it was back to the beach and ocean. I finished another book--"The Lost Apothecary" by Sarah Penner--an excellent read. After showering and dressing, I walked down the beach to check out the souvenir shops. My mission was to get some Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee to take home. I finally found it at the resort gift shop. I did the thing I would only do on a vacation--paid $62 for a pound of coffee beans. I surely hope it is worth the price! 
    After a buffet supper, we stayed and watched a man who danced with fire sticks and twirled fire. The walk back to our rooms offered clear skies with a half moon, three planets, and lots of stars. 
    Ready for another day in paradise!
        Leta




No comments:

Post a Comment