Thursday, December 2, 2021

December 2--Vastly More Beauty than Misery

I don't think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains.  --Anne Frank

    "All the misery" is just too much in our world. It can easily overwhelm if we allow that. Beauty stays in the forefront for me as I stay present in the current moment with whomever or whatever I am interacting. 
    I was raised in a middle-class white family in the 50s and 60s. Prejudice abounded in our home against blacks, homosexuals and Catholics. Those were the "big three," and trust me, the words I just listed were not the common ones I heard at home. Fortunately, in my teen and young adult years, I ended up with African-American and gay friends, and my best friend from seventh grade on was Catholic. Knowing individuals in those groups allowed me to see the beauty rather than the misery my family suggested was there. 
    The problems of the world seem insurmountable to my small mind. I remind us that we can't solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. Mercifully, I fully believe that a new consciousness is being birthed now on our planet, one that will bring about a world of beauty, peace, inclusion, prosperity and sustainability. While I am not personally a fan of death, it does have a cleansing effect as old ideas of how things "should" be leave the planet. 
    One of the beauties of humanity is our ability to change, even if we don't like it. I'm grateful for that. 
        Leta
The Flower of Life symbol


No comments:

Post a Comment