Tuesday, December 14, 2021

December 14--Loving in my Heart

Don't wait for the last judgment--it takes place every day.  --Albert Camus

    And every bit of judgment is in my own head and your own head. There's nothing outside us judging us.
    I can say that it's no fun leaving Jamaica. I did a 2-mile walk on the beach to get my feet in the ocean one more time. Our gang relaxed on the beach together for another hour or so, then the four of us who were leaving boarded the bus just after noon. 
    I'm home. It was a very tiring but on-time and successful trip. We had a short-ish layover in Atlanta, but the immigration, customs, re-check the suitcase process is quite efficient. I did set a new record for steps yesterday, between the early morning beach walk and travel. 
    Re-entry and getting into the home Christmas spirit begins. To that end, I offer these words from Howard Thurman:

I want to be more loving in my heart! It is often easy to have the idea in mind, the plan to be more loving. To see it with my mind and give assent to the thought of being loving—this is crystal clear. But I want to be more loving in my heart! I must feel like loving; I must ease the tension in my heart that ejects the sharp barb, the stinging word. I want to be more loving in my heart that, with unconscious awareness and deliberate intent, I shall be a kind, a gracious human being. Thus, those who walk the way with me may find it easier to love, to be gracious because of the Love of God which is increasingly expressed in my living.

Happy to be home!
    Leta

Ornaments on the resort lobby Christmas tree

From my morning walk on the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment