Saturday, December 4, 2021

December 4--Heaven!

There is not one big cosmic meaning for all. There is only the meaning we each give to our life.  --Anais Nin

    I have "died and gone to heaven." I'm in Jamaica. Yesterday's travel adventure went off without a hitch. I purposely wore my Life Is Good shirt that says, "Breathe. The Universe is taking care of everything else." And so It did.
    For the next nine days, my "big cosmic meaning" is to R-E-L-A-X and soak up the sun. Yes, I will keep blogging, because it is part of my daily spiritual practice. So here's the scoop on my adventure so far...
    I awoke this morning to sounds of the pounding surf--that's how close our room is to the water. 
    Unbeknownst to me, the price we paid for this trip included expedited guidance through immigration, enabling us to get past huge lines and away from the airport in less than an hour. 
    We had a couple-hour bus ride to the resort which was an adventure in itself. First of all, they drive on the left side of the road here. I'm grateful I took a seat on the left side of the bus, and I kept looking at the scenery rather than the oncoming traffic. It is awesome being back in the mountains, especially since they are Pennsylvania-sized mountains covered with trees. The quantity and variety of vegetation here is truly astounding. The homes and living conditions look quite rough at low levels; the higher up the hills/mountains one goes, the fancier the homes look. As we were leaving Montego Bay, there were vendors offering assorted things for sale to our bus riders--jicama sticks, Red Stripe beer, peanuts, and donuts were the ones I saw most often. 
    We arrived at the resort just before dark. I met up with my friends on the beach for the tail end of a magnificent sunset. The sand is like fine-grain sugar. There were several beach dinner setups we saw on our way to eat. The buffet is awesome. They are very Covid-safety-conscious--you have to sanitize and glove up on one hand for utensil use before you get a plate to serve yourself. The most unusual things I saw were goat and oxtail, though I did not try those. I did have jerk sausage and it was great, along with awesome stewed veggies. One has to pace oneself with pretty much an infinite amount of food and drink available. 😉😉 
    Having been awake since 2:30 am for travel, I was asleep by 9:00, with overwhelming gratitude and JOY!
        The adventure continues...
            Leta
Sand decoration leading to one of the beach dinners

The resort lobby

Gingerbread house display in the lobby

One of the street vendors

This sign made me smile


No comments:

Post a Comment