Tuesday, December 28, 2021

December 28--Bigger Than Me

If the stars should appear just one night in a thousand years, how men would believe and adore.  --Ralph Waldo Emerson

    My approach on this one is about what it takes for a person to believe and put faith in Something Bigger than oneself. We are surrounded by the mystical, the magical, the (as yet) unexplainable, and we tend to take those things for granted. I offer the example of stars (per Emerson). Some of those "stars" we see in the night sky are actually whole galaxies. Other examples would be the formation and birth of a human baby, our bodies' ability to heal, the infinite variety of life on Mother Earth, and such mysteries as the pyramids and Stonehenge. There is so much that I don't understand that it is easy for me to rely on a Higher Power that has things in divine order. I couldn't handle that job!
    Life tends to hand us things that seem impossible to overcome--loss of a loved one, addiction, serious illness, accidents, natural disasters, raising teenagers. To survive some of those things, I had to draw on strength beyond my own willpower. I can't name it, but I know it is there.
    Whatever it takes,
            Leta
Pleiades: The Seven Sisters Star Cluster
by Damien Cannane


No comments:

Post a Comment