Monday, December 27, 2021

December 27--Reason and Faith

 Reason is our soul's left hand, faith her right. By these we reach divinity.   
--John Dunne

    I'm not so sure on this one. I see "reason" as hanging in one's head space. I see "faith" as hanging in one's heart space. I think we need to rely more on the heart in the quest for divinity. Our heads can all too easily lead us astray, but the heart already knows our divinity. As a spiritual counselor, and in my own personal journey, I see far too many of us living in the head space rather than the heart space.  More often than not, when encouraged to give "thoughts and feelings" on a matter, folks will easily express many thoughts, yet be challenged to name feelings. A balance between reason and faith is a worthwhile goal. I would even suggest a little heavier leaning on the faith-and-heart-wisdom end of the spectrum. 
    It's a practice. 
        Leta

Looking forward to Illuminations
at Botanica this week...
makes my heart sing with joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment