Wednesday, December 1, 2021

December 1--Taking My Light South

There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or to be the mirror that reflects it.  --Edith Wharton
Heaven on Earth is a choice you must make, not a place you must find.
--Wayne Dyer

    December's theme in "Daily Joy" is faith
    I LOVE Christmas lights. Seeing lighting technology advance over the past few years has been an incredible delight. Our local botanical gardens, Botanica, has a huge light display every year at this time. It is heaven on earth to me. 
    It is well documented here in the blog that I dislike house-cleaning. Well, I buckled down this past weekend and cleaned the whole house and did the indoor Christmas decorating. Barney and I were "baching" it. Both days, after lots of cleaning and two neighborhood walks, we relaxed and enjoyed the light show. I had my favorite "husband-is-away" meal--mac 'n' cheese. 
    In two days, I will be in Jamaica. I can hardly wait to see the Christmas decorations at the resort. I'm excited to visit yet another new country. I set my intention to be a pleasant traveler in every respect--to bring peace with me through the airport and flights, to be kind and generous toward all the folks who contribute to my great beach vacation. 
    Packing my light as well as my clothes,
        Leta


Illuminations at Botanica


No comments:

Post a Comment