Friday, July 9, 2021

July 9--Young, Strong, Willing

The young do not know enough to be prudent and therefore they attempt the impossible--and achieve it, generation after generation.  --Pearl S. Buck

    For this I am ever so grateful, for the inventors and their perseverance, their energy, their dreams. Our older son and his partner are in the process of landscaping their new yard. They paid to have the front yard completed, but they are doing the back yard themselves. Already they have moved and placed four tons of rock. This weekend they are going to move tons of topsoil/compost, rototill and lay sod. I told my son that it exhausts me just listening to the plans, and he said, "I'm strong." And young. And an enthusiastic first-time homeowner. I'll get to see the results in a couple weeks. 
    I don't know if it is age-weariness, "been there, done that," laziness or what, but I'm reluctant to take on big projects nowadays. I have painted the entire interior of our home twice in our 36 years here, and I have NO desire to do it again. I'm grateful that there are folks who are willing to do those chores that I no longer care to do. Thank heavens for the exuberance of youth!
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment