Wednesday, July 21, 2021

July 21--Chow Down on Life

Life itself is the proper binge. --Julia Child

    My common characteristic with Ms. Child is that we both LOVE butter. When I was growing up, margarine was labeled in our house as a "Communist plot." (That was the 50s and 60s, remember.) And I know way too much about the binge.
    Bingeing was the model I learned at a very early age for coping with life, whether the substance be food, tobacco and/or alcohol. I spent a lot of life time in my first three decades devoted to the binge. My #1 substance of choice was food. Therefore, when I got into recovery and gave up my "best friend" food, I had a lot of time on my hands that I did not know what to do with at first. As I became a more sane individual, not mired in a food fog, I began to realize things that I wanted to accomplish in life. Bingeing on life brought me the opportunity to raise two healthy sons, to have satisfying work that uses my skills well, to build good relationships with family and friends, to enjoy adventures I would have never thought possible, and to learn to lovingly care for myself. Bingeing on life is so much better than bingeing on food!
    Bingeing on CO,
        Leta
A family maxim: Never eat anything bigger than your head.



No comments:

Post a Comment