Friday, July 2, 2021

July 2--Delightful?

Life was not meant to be easy, but take courage: it can be delightful. 
--George Bernard Shaw

    I believe life was meant to be easy, but then with our free will and creativity, we tend to make it difficult. Nevertheless, life is delightful. 
    Let's substitute "golf" for "life." Golf was not meant to be easy. If it were, the cups would be bigger. With courage and determination, it can be delightful. 
    Let's substitute "art" for "life." Art was not meant to be easy. Maybe it is, if you are able to have the courage and persistence to uncover your artistic niche. The watercolor class is certainly teaching me how "not easy" the medium is.  In my fourth class last week, we began drawing a picture that we will eventually watercolor. For me, drawing is about as "not easy" as it gets. I do have sufficient courage, however, to stick with it. Even if I don't become a great watercolor artist (that's a joke), the class has been delightful, most especially because I have ventured far "outside my box." 
    Let's substitute "gardening" for "life." Gardening was not meant to be easy. Take weeding, for instance--hours of work gets thrown into the trash unseen. All that up, down, twisting, pulling and pushing are tough on the joints. There's plenty of dirt and sweat. And bugs! But then we are rewarded with beautiful flowers, fresh vegetables and tantalizing herbs. How delightful!
    Onward with courage,
        Leta

One of my pandemic art projects


No comments:

Post a Comment