Saturday, July 24, 2021

July 24--The End is When?

It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth--and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up--that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had. 
--Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

    When I initially typed this quote, I had spent a day doing a bunch of cleaning. I detest cleaning. If I arrive at the "pearly gates" having spent my last day in part doing house cleaning, I'll be pissed!
    I confess that full recognition of my limited time on earth didn't really come to me until I hit the age my mother was when she passed, 61. I realized that if I want to complete my MLB stadium quest, I have to get in more than one stadium a year. (I've been to 24 of 30 as of this writing.) There are still many destinations I would love to visit, and I dearly hope I live long enough to enjoy at least one grandchild!
    "Live each day to the fullest." What that phrase means is very personal to each individual. I wonder if I am doing that. It feels like a lot of pressure to make each day ultra-exciting, meaningful and/or extraordinary. Most of my days, however, are fairly ordinary. I am happy and content most of the time, generally doing what I want to do. I love and I am loved. Is that enough? Another question is "If I passed on today, would I have any regrets?" Only that I did not get to do all the things I wanted to do, but that will be the case no matter when I transition! 
    I believe attitude has a lot to do with living each day to the fullest. Staying in an attitude of gratitude, practicing kindness to others and loving self-care for oneself, makes for a day of serenity and peaceful rest each night. Alas, I am grateful that I am able to clean my house, and I do like the results!
    Loving my days in Colorado,
        Leta

Southridge Golf Course, Fort Collins


No comments:

Post a Comment