Monday, July 19, 2021

July 19--Rich Treasures

Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music--the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself.  --Henry Miller

    I love this quote. A dear friend passed a few weeks ago, and at her memorial service, I was reminded of many things from her rich life that I had forgotten. Everyone has a story, and if we take the time to listen, they are usually quite fascinating. 
    I love going to art museums. Those are great places to forget yourself. The variety of art in the world is truly infinite. I love human creativity! I love thinking about the unique soul that creates each piece. I've done enough art in my recent lifetime to appreciate the spiritual connection that makes art possible. 
    I'm an introvert, but I am getting better at stretching myself to talk with folks I don't know. It is almost always a pleasant and interesting conversation. World travels, too, bring me in contact with people from different cultures, giving me an opportunity to learn ways of life unlike my own. I also get to see the magnificent natural treasures of our beautiful home planet. 
    Currently exploring Colorado,
        Leta
Some of the ocean's rich treasures


No comments:

Post a Comment