Wednesday, July 7, 2021

July 7--Cherishing Today's Adventures

Today a new sun rises for me; everything lives, everything is animated, everything seems to speak to me of my passion, everything invites me to cherish it.
--Ninon de Lenclos

    What a passionate way to start the day! 
    I do cherish creativity, so it's time for an update on the watercolor class. I've mentioned in a previous post that being in an art class brings out the insane person in my head. He/She/It was alive and well in last night's class five of six. I started with this, drawn last week:


    Working with watercolor requires extreme patience, not my strong suit, and certainly not a quality of the wacko in my head. Over the course of two hours, instructor Wil led us step by step in creating the landscape scene. I had to ask him to repeat instructions several times, as the person in my head was freaking. The "tennis match" in my head was non-stop: "I kinda like this" bouncing back to "I hate this, I've ruined it." But the voice of reason simply kept me plugging away at it. This is where I left it, to be completed next week:


    It's no Rembrandt, but at least you can tell it's a landscape. As I walked to the car after class, I was thinking "that was fun." It's comical to me that I feel so challenged and awkward in class, yet feel so relaxed afterwards. 
    Everything's a miracle,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment