Thursday, July 22, 2021

July 22--Imagination Required

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere.  --Carl Sagan

    I think of all the fantasy movies, TV shows and books that have taken us to worlds that never were. What would life be if we didn't have the creativity and imagination behind...
  • Lost in Space (I'm dating myself 😉😉)
  • Star Trek
  • Star Wars
  • Harry Potter
  • Game of Thones
  • Avatar
  • The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings
  • Han Christian Andersen's fairy tales
    Those are from the world of entertainment. I look at the cell phone lying next to me--it is considerably more powerful than the very first computer I used (creating programs on punch cards). Imagine--machines that wash clothes, dry clothes, suck up dirt, fly us to remote destinations, look at our innards, keep our food cold--the list is endless of the modern conveniences that started in someone's imagination. Mr. Sagan nailed it--lack of imagination is a dead end. 
    Human imagination gives me great hope for the future. 
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment