Thursday, July 15, 2021

July 15--I'm No Quitter

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.  --Thomas Paine

    The first thing that came to mind when I read this quote was Forrest Yoga Teacher Training, 28 brutally hard, long days of learning, work, homesickness, and driving in insane Houston traffic. I felt like a rock star when I finished that. I wanted to stop folks on the street and give them my autograph.
    I have completed (with perfect attendance) the watercolor class at Wichita City Arts. Watercolor is a tough medium, and this has been my most challenging art class so far. Because of the nature of watercolor painting, instructor Wil had to teach us a lot about light, perspective, foreground, background and so on, in addition to mixing colors and different ways to apply the paint. Below is my finished product, and I'm fairly pleased with it, because it represents a LOT of learning, and at least you can tell it is a landscape!
    Feeling triumphant,
        Leta





No comments:

Post a Comment