Saturday, July 31, 2021

July 31--Miracles?!?!?

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.  --Albert Einstein

    I tend to go with "everything is a miracle." Just look at the human conception, gestation and birth process for starters. 
    But I digress... I'm writing this the afternoon of July 30 after the MLB trade deadline has passed. Being a die-hard Cubs fan, I must say, there IS crying in baseball. My three favorite players, along with several others, have been shipped off elsewhere, so that I'm wondering if they can even field a team for tonight's game. Of course it's good for their minor league players. But I would suggest that Jed Hoyer, the GM who is responsible for all this, should probably not show his face around Wrigley Field for a couple of weeks. The Cubs winning the 2016 World Series WAS a miracle, but all hopes of that happening again soon are now completely dashed--a first-world problem, I realize. It's back to the long-time Cubs' saying, "Wait till next year!"
    Bummed Cubs fan,
        Leta




 

No comments:

Post a Comment