Tuesday, July 20, 2021

July 20--Give, and Give More

Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved.  --William Jennings Bryan 

Here's the July 19 "Note from the Universe" (Mike Dooley):

However much you give, Leta, more than that will be given to you.
Take the bait,
The Universe

    I find this to be true, and I especially love "Take the bait." Giving, generosity, is not chance--it is choice. I was blessed to have a very generous father, who set a wonderful example of giving for me. I also have kids who work or have worked as servers, and so I tip very generously. I think it is a worthwhile practice to consider how hard the folks work who serve us and reward them for their efforts.
    Wouldn't it be nice if we could just hang out and have everything we've ever wanted drop from the sky? We would all be fat and lazy. It's a good thing we have to do the footwork--it makes achieving a particular destiny all the more sweet. It keeps us moving. 
    What do you want to be when you grow up? We are all still growing up, and we will be for eternity. There is always an opportunity to create the next destiny. The more we give of our talents to the world, the more joy expands within us. 
    Having a great time in CO,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment