Saturday, June 8, 2024

June 8--Let Us Be Light-Hearted

You will never truly know yourself, or the strength of your relationships, until both have been tested by adversity.   --J. K. Rowling

    I have written in the past about how much I love the Cubs baseball announcers, Boog Sciambi and Jim Deshaies. They are good for multiple laughs each broadcast, regardless of how the Cubs are playing. In Wednesday night's game, they were discussing how some players have much different performance in road games vs. home games. Deshaies shared a retired player's perspective:
When Andy Van Slyke was asked about the difference between playing on the road vs. at home, he said, "At home I can go down to the kitchen in my underwear and eat breakfast, but they don't let me do that on the road."
    May your day be filled with good humor!
        Leta

RABBITS in Legos of many colors at Botanica, Wichita

No comments:

Post a Comment