Friday, June 14, 2024

June 14--Life is a GAME

Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.  --Neil Gaiman

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.  --On a t-shirt seen in Savannah

    Gaiman's quote is so true! Everyone I love deeply has messed me up multiple times, and I keep coming back for more. 
    I include the t-shirt quote because I have a "shits and giggles" attitude toward pickleball (PB). It's a GAME. I do not make my living playing PB. I'm 68 and I'm not that quick. I have to allow my enthusiasm to make up for my lack of skill. No ball is worth falling down for, so I avoid wiping out. Since PB is primarily a doubles sport, I hold these same expectations, virtually none, for those with whom I am playing. No one else needs to perform in a particular way to satisfy me. HAVE FUN! (Reread the t-shirt quote above.) 
    I wish I could take my PB attitude into all of life... practice, practice, practice!
        Leta
Here it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment