Sunday, June 23, 2024

June 23--Time to Breathe

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.  --Lao-Tzu

We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope. Only in this way shall we live without the fatigue of bitterness and the drain of resentment.  --Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. 

    I am simply pondering both of these quotes in light of my unsettled state of many months. Here is a practice by Indigenous author and poet Pixie Lighthorse:

I allow oxygen to infuse my cells with life force,
breathing into the constricted places in my body
that have grown tight with fear.

    I expect there are several places in my body that have grown tight with fear. 
    Breathe!
        Leta
The "Stargazers" are blooming
in my garden!!!
 
bjh

No comments:

Post a Comment