Monday, June 17, 2024

June 17--Starts Out Scary

What wonderful thing didn't start out scary?  --Isaac Marion

    Let's go right back to the beginning--birth. If that isn't scary, what is!?!?!? It's a wonderful thing, but the little one goes from a dark, cozy, warm immersion in Mom to a world of bright light, giants and a bazillion new sensations. 
    I have gone skydiving. S-C-A-R-Y doesn't even come close. I'd say it was pure and utter terror until we actually stepped into the free fall, then it was wonderful. It became even more wonderful when my tandem partner and I landed safely. 
    Travel--scary to leave home, wonderful trip follows. 
    New job--can I do this? will I fit in? turns into a dream job.
    New hobby--will I look foolish? can I learn this? turns into hours of wonderful fun.
    Weather--scary thunderstorms bring wonderful rain. 
    Fear and wonder coexist,
        Leta
This is me. Golfing has become
more scary than wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment