Monday, June 3, 2024

June 3--Embracing One's Superpower

I've been absolutely terrified every moment of my life--and I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do.  --Georgia O'Keeffe 

    I could say that this is true for me, too. There is always something to be afraid of, and if we let that stop us, we would never accomplish anything. Is not human life simply one big experiment?!?!?
    I have decided, at age 68+, to finally name my superpower. My superpower is sweating. (Did you laugh?) I walked Barney twice the other day. It was overcast, the temperature was in the 70s, and there was a nice breeze. A "normal" person would not get that sweaty. I was dripping sweat, my hair was soaked, and I even had "boob sweat"--my t-shirt wet at the breast line because my bra was soaked with sweat. There's the old joke that men sweat and women glisten. I'm here to tell you that I do NOT glisten. I believe that heredity-wise, I was born with my dad's sweat glands, because he was quite the sweater also 😉😉 (gives you a new perspective on the word "sweater," doesn't it!?!?) I don't wear sweaters because I am too talented a sweater!
    Since I can't change it, I may as well embrace sweating as a superpower. 
    So excited for summer heat--NOT!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment