Sunday, June 30, 2024

June 30--WHAT!?!?!!

Communication is truth; communication is happiness... to conceal nothing; to pretend nothing; if we are ignorant to say so; if we love our friends to let them know it.  --Virginia Woolf

    We're going for the goofy here...
    This is one of those big unanswerable, meaning-of-life questions... why, since they can fly, do Canada geese walk (i.e. mosey) across the street? If I could fly just with my current physical body, I'd be flying all over the place at every opportunity. 
    Today is the last day of June, half of 2024 behind us, and we close out the month's topic of bravery. Living as Ms. Woolf suggests is certainly a path of bravery. 
    On Friday night, I went to the Artichoke to hear my husband and his friend play music. There was a guy there wearing a t-shirt that said, "I'm fat because every time I fu*k your mother, she makes me a sandwich." Dennis' musical partner read that aloud over the mic, and I about peed myself laughing. It takes some bravery to wear a shirt like that. 
    Alas, the Cubs have been sucking. But at the beginning of the game, Michael Busch hit a homer on the first pitch he saw. Boog Sciambi (announcer) said that he has done that four times this year and leads the league in that happening. So JD (other announcer) says, "Does that mean we should call him Am-busch?!?!" Boog couldn't talk for a while because he was laughing so hard. Even though the Cubs suck, the announcers are my favorites!
    Humor--can't live without it!
        Leta

"The Big Mosey" on my drive home Friday night

No comments:

Post a Comment