Friday, June 21, 2024

June 21--Learning to Appreciate

I have learned not to worry about love, but to honor its coming with all my heart. 
--Alice Walker

    I have been watching an extraordinary documentary series called "Epic Yellowstone" on Paramount+. I often write about appreciating and caring for our magnificent Mother Earth. This series will give you an amazing insight into the world's first national park. I learned so much. The cinematography is phenomenal. Everyone needs to have an understanding of such a complex ecosystem, from the tiniest bug to the largest bison, from the river depths to the mountain peaks, every bit of it intertwined and essential to the health of the whole. That's true all over the Earth. 
    In my drive to Clearwater last night, I noticed another area along south Tyler Road where they have wiped out more trees and are building more houses. Do we really need more houses?!?!? Is that progress? What is "progress" really? More often than not, it involves more habitat destruction. They are expanding in all directions from Wichita. Who is moving into all those apartments going up? People are not flocking to Kansas, trust me. 
    We need to take much better care of our Mother before we all suffocate in our own garbage (i.e., STUFF). 
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment