Thursday, June 27, 2024

June 27--Are We Good?

It is essential that we be convinced of the goodness of human nature, and we must act as though people are good.  --John Cage

    I do believe this in my soul, but everyday life makes me wonder quite often. There is an extraordinary amount of old white male greedy corrupt power-hungry patriarchal energy out there--I believe that it is having a slow kicking-and-screaming death that can't come soon enough for me. Much of the goodness of humanity, and especially in politics, has been buried by this. Then there is the pariah that is former President Trump, who has made nastiness, rudeness and revenge the modus operandi of his flock of supporters. (Note that the word "flock" is very specifically chosen!)
    On the bright side--I see headlines nearly every day about folks working to help clean up the environment and create sustainable energy. Folks work tirelessly in communities to help heal long-term wounds and bring people together in high-functioning ways. I do believe the overall consciousness of humanity is changing for the better. Alas, it's a slow process.
    We can do our part by having a "good" day,
        Leta


The goodness of Nature--
the basil seedlings have flourished!

No comments:

Post a Comment