Wednesday, November 8, 2023

November 8--Grief is Inescapable

Between grief and nothing I will take grief.  --William Faulkner

    I'm not so sure. Having spent the last year plus in grief in assorted forms, a little "nothing" sounds fairly good right now. I get the idea that feeling something is better than a numb life. But I have certainly enjoyed times of being numb, as in "stop the world, I want to get off." 
    I'm learning that aging and grief go hand in hand, as friends and family members make their transitions. There is even grieving associated with those whose quality of life is so poor, yet they are still hanging on, where transition would be blessed freedom. 
    I must say, however, that experiencing grief has made me stronger, and certainly more compassionate. Rough times make us appreciate the good times more. 
        Leta

Hope springs eternal...
this lily bulb planting project
was completed earlier this week

No comments:

Post a Comment