Friday, November 10, 2023

November 10--Making the Odometer Spin

Be strong. Live honorably and with dignity. When you don't think you can, hold on.  --James Frey

    Today requires strength and holding on. I'm driving approximately 550 miles to Effingham, Illinois. My husband jokes that it is right next to Effingturkey. I'm sure there are endless jokes on that town's name. It is the stop-over winner on my drive to Ohio because it also has a Culver's restaurant, one of my favorites. Below is the BIG landmark of Effingham. The cross is "198 feet tall and 113 feet wide, forged out of over 180 tons of steel anchored in untold fathoms of cement." It can withstand winds up to 145 mph. "Can't miss it."
    On the road again,
        Leta
I hope they don't call it
the Effingcross?!!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment