Monday, November 13, 2023

November 13--Bravery Is Earned

You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you. 
--Mary Tyler Moore

    Then I guess I can thank my late older brother for much of my bravery. He was my in-family bully. 
    Moving on, after my "brave" 1000-mile drive here, my first full day was awesome. I had a morning visit with my brother, and I'm pleased to report that he looked and sounded much better than I expected. I did a big grocery run in anticipation of doing some meal prep for my niece and me. I got soup ingredients ready to assemble and went back to my brother's "apartment" and watched the first half of the Browns game with him. Things were looking grim for the Browns. He was sleepy so I left at halftime. 
    I returned to my niece's house and assembled the lentil soup while watching the game. My niece expressed worry over the Browns' chances, but I said, "You never know, a miracle could occur," and we laughed. Well, a miracle did occur, the Browns came from behind and kicked the winning field goal with three seconds left on the clock. It was awesome! 
    We did our two-mile walk and celebrated the Browns' win and a great day with a bowl of soup, a beer, and a few rounds of Rummikub. We know how to party!! 😉😉
    Grateful,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment