Friday, November 3, 2023

November 3--Free to Be Happy

We are each responsible for our own life. If you're holding anyone else accountable for your happiness, you're wasting your time. You must be fearless enough to give yourself the love you didn't receive.  --Oprah Winfrey

    My husband and I have very different interests. He has a collection of musical instruments and bicycles and uses all of them. He's an active musician. His idea of a great vacation is riding his bike many miles with lots of other folks, then sleeping in a tent, and repeating that for a week. I have minimal musical skill and his vacation idea is too much "roughing it" for me. My idea of a good time is having one or more trips upcoming on my calendar. I travel often with girlfriends, as we are similar in our enjoyment of being pampered. I would not be a pleasant companion on a bike trip, and my husband would die of boredom on the beach, where I could relax forever.
    It works for my spouse and me. We do what makes each of us happy, and with our different interests and adventures, we have plenty to talk about. I am very grateful for the freedom we each enjoy. 
        Leta

One of the many beautiful murals in 
an English village

No comments:

Post a Comment