Monday, November 20, 2023

November 20--Courage Is Earned

Courage is not something that you already have that makes you brave when the tough times start. Courage is what you earn when you've been through the tough times and you discover they aren't so tough after all.  --Malcolm Gladwell

    I am currently taking a break from teaching MELT and yoga classes, which I have been doing twice a week for over a decade. I am using this time to ponder whether I want to go back to teaching classes in 2024. Right now I am leaning toward not returning. There is a part of me, less than courageous, that wants to know in advance how I'll replace that teaching income and what I can do with that free time. The wiser, braver part of me knows that if I simply "take the leap" with faith that I will certainly be offered new and good options from which to choose. 
    Yesterday my niece's group of close friends gathered to watch the Browns game. For the second week in a row, I predicted a "miracle" win. Then the real fun began. The homeowner has a complete music studio in the basement because three of the guys get together weekly for "band" practice. The studio includes a setup for karaoke. I was reluctant at first because I'm not a great singer. Well, it turns out that none of the group is going to be singing in Carnegie Hall any time soon. We had a blast! Singing, dancing, loads of laughter, the most fun I've had in years. I'm so grateful for how my niece's friends have welcomed me into their fold. 
    It's a good week for thanks giving,
        Leta

A tornado went through my niece's 
neighborhood recently, sparing homes, 
but not so kind to the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment