Tuesday, November 7, 2023

November 7--Worthiness is Irrelevant

In yourself right now is all the place you've got.  --Flannery O'Connor

    I have spent a lot of time in life trying to get over the hump of feeling unworthy. It is a constant challenge, and recently I've been realizing that "worthy" is irrelevant. We are all beloved children of Spirit. I read the following from Richard Rohr in his Daily Mediation of November 6: 

Who among us is worthy? We’re all just varying degrees of fallible and unworthy, but when we surrender to that knowing, the fountain of grace begins to flow. We stop seeking our own worthiness and we begin to know the gift of God. We begin to realize that it’s all gift, and it’s all free, and we already have it, and all we can do is learn to enjoy it. That changes everything.

    The gig is not to make myself feel worthy, but simply to know that I am not worthy, and it doesn't matter. I am loved anyway, anyhow, anywhere, always, and I accept and delight in that. 
    Our beautiful Mother Earth with all her bounty is proof that we don't have to be worthy to enjoy. 
        Leta

Another sunrise work of art 
by Mother Gaia

No comments:

Post a Comment