Thursday, November 30, 2023

November 30--You are More!

Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.  --A. A. Milne

    These are words uttered by the ever-so-wise Winnie the Pooh, a fitting close to November and the theme of strength. And these words are true about every single one of us. Life can surely be challenging, and we humans are superb at "rising to the occasion." 
    I had my "audition" for simulated patient (SP) at the Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine on Tuesday. I didn't actually have to perform. It was a tour of the facility (amazing, beautiful, high-tech) and learning about the program and watching videos of previous SP sessions. It was a fascinating learning experience. I can hardly wait to give it a go. I signed up for all open January and February encounters, which is the name for the actual SP/student interaction. There is a training session and a dry run before each encounter. This is all quite "outside my box," so I shall have to remember that I am braver, stronger and smarter!
     Adventure always awaits!
        Leta

This will be my view tomorrow evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment