Monday, August 7, 2023

August 7--BIG Fun

There is no passion to be found playing small--in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.  --Nelson Mandela

    A couple of nights ago, I was at an outdoor concert where my husband's band played. It was held in the backyard of a band member, one who has frequent musical events there. We had a merciful break from the heat. The large crowd and band members were all having a great time. There was a tree loaded with pears that the owner was encouraging folks to pick. Many heavy sacks of pears were carried away. As I sat and enjoyed the performance, with my shoes off and my feet tapping on Mama Earth, I looked at the clouds, the stars, the greenery, and the folks around me. I imagined how our Mama must love this simple joy rocking out on Her. Later in the night She showed Her stuff with another mighty storm front flowing through our area. I believe there is consciousness operating within Mama Earth, She supports and loves us and delights in joy happening upon Her. I love these moments when I feel both oneness and wonder.
    Regarding Mr. Mandela's quote, I get it. However, questions arise: Am I settling? What am I capable of? What do I really want? All these can only be answered on an individual basis. One person's huge life may seem like playing small to another. It's a good idea to avoid the trap of comparison. 
    Please take note of Mama Earth's beauty today, wherever you may be.
        Leta

Her beauty in the southwest U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment