Monday, August 21, 2023

August 21--Tired? Still We Press On

One may go a long way after one is tired.  --French Proverb

    I experience this every time I walk our dog Barney. I don't enjoy walking him unless the weather is perfect, which happens, I think, about a half-dozen days a year. It is either too hot, too cold, too humid or too windy for my liking. Because I don't enjoy walking him, I tire quickly, but still we trudge on. 
    Another place to use the quote above is traveling. Sightseeing surely is tiring, but if there's one more thing to see, I'll go a "long way." 
    It's a good thing that human life involves fairly consistent daily rest and sleep time. Imagine if we were wired such that we only slept once a month. That would be weird. It is easier to go a long way in a tired state if one can anticipate rest and relief soon to follow. 
    The quote above also describes parenting perfectly. 😉😉
        Leta

Barney in my lap at the drive-thru excitedly awaiting
his "Andy's pup cup" mini ice cream cone.

No comments:

Post a Comment