Tuesday, August 15, 2023

August 15--Endings Lead to Beginnings

Every limit is a beginning as well as an ending.  --George Eliot

    This kind of sounds like the standard pronouncement at any graduation--yes, this is an ending, but also a beginning. Most folks eventually end their student days. There is often a limit to how much schooling one can take. That limit pushes us into beginning adult life with the potential for a satisfying career and family life. 
    In my early 30s, I reached a limit ("hit bottom") on my addiction, which led me to the beginning of lifelong recovery. For this I am forever grateful. 
    By 2020, I had reached the limit of the pain I could tolerate in my left hip. I went through the joint replacement surgery and began to experience moving and sleeping comfortably once again. I was surprised after the surgery to see how much mental and physical energy I had been losing to pain. Chronic pain is a powerful drain on life energy. 
    Where has an ending brought a new beginning of good into your life?
        Leta

Row after row of geraniums,
CSU Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment