Saturday, August 5, 2023

August 5--Go For It!

You can't be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.  --Tina Fey

    A couple nights ago, my son did a video chat with me to enjoy my walking grandson. The little one is just a few days short of one year old. He is not standing around, he's moving. He climbs up on stuff and tumbles off and gets up and goes, smiling all the way. There's no overthinking; he is fearless. 
    I remember many years ago in Mexico when I was standing on a 15' high cliff, trying to get brave enough to jump into the sink hole below. Our guide said "Uno, dos, tres!" probably a dozen times while I stood there overthinking it. Finally I jumped. Lo and behold, I fell into the water and came back up and that was it. There was nothing to fear.
    All my trips "down the chute" have been successful so far, as I am alive to write this. Every now and then, I go down the waterslide after lap-swimming at the YMCA. It's a good reminder that I can still have "kid fun," even at my age. WHEEEEEEEE!
    Let's worry less and go more!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment