Sunday, August 13, 2023

August 13--A Great Visit

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you, and there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.  --Lemony Snicket

    Today I am not staying put; I am returning home to Kansas, but not until after playing golf with my younger son. 
    I spent part of my morning yesterday roaming the CSU Gardens, at the peak of color and beauty right now. I met my son, d-i-l and grandson at a bakery for treats and coffees. My son and I took my grandson to the park. What a treat to see him motoring around for the first time with shoes on. And his fascination with sand was a delight to watch. He kept picking up handfuls, running it through his fingers and throwing it in the air. Some of it nestled into his curly hair. He was also fascinated by the other little ones there. 
    I had a lovely supper with the family, stopped at Culvers for dessert, and settled into my airbnb at a reasonable hour due to today's early start. 
    I'm off to the golf course,
        Leta
The CSU Gardens--a glorious riot of color!

No comments:

Post a Comment