Thursday, August 17, 2023

August 17--Encouragement--A Gift

One of the most beautiful gifts in the world is the gift of encouragement. When someone encourages you, that person helps you over a threshold you might otherwise never have crossed on your own.  --John O'Donohue

    I was able to encourage myself enough to complete the dreaded house-cleaning project this week. Yippee! I don't have to do it again for another year. Just kidding.
    As I am pondering the quote above, I note that much of what I do is about encouragement. It is a joy to see new folks come into my MELT and yoga class or a coaching session. They are typically tentative about what will happen, can they do it, will they do it "right." (Note that I never tell anyone they are not doing something "right." It's  a matter of doing something safely or more effectively for their body and life circumstances.) It is great to see folks afterward feeling better about themselves and their bodies. 
    Certainly good parenting is all about encouragement. One of the things that pleases us so much about our adult sons is that they can talk easily to anyone, and they do. Our little grandson lives in an environment full of encouragement, and already at 1-year-old, he is not just walking, but running, on the move. 
    Encouragement creates thriving, much better than surviving,
        Leta

Encouragement creates beauty, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment