Saturday, August 26, 2023

August 26--I Am Me and You Are You

Begin with that most frightening of all things, a clean slate. And then look, every day, at the choices you are making, and when you ask yourself why you are making them, find this answer: Because they are what I want, or wish for. Because they reflect who and what I am.  --Anna Quindlen

    My husband really likes to stay busy. He is always looking for more projects to work on. I am very grateful for this. I, on the other hand, feel as though I am generally lazy and would prefer to do as little as possible. I know I am not lazy--I do get things done. But I thoroughly enjoy my daily hobby of napping, and it is a bonus to have no evening commitments so that I can chill and watch sports on TV. 
    I had my first session of physical therapy this week for my left shoulder. It has been sore for several months, and I finally decided to see if I could get some help to heal it. The therapist poked and prodded and tested the area in various ways to find exactly what to target. Then he gave me three exercises to do daily at home. I'm tickled that one of them is accomplished with my regular MELT practice. The therapist said several times, "I'm so glad you exercise a lot, it makes my job so much easier." 
    OK, so I'm not totally lazy, 
        Leta
The shoulder--a complex and awesome joint!

No comments:

Post a Comment