Saturday, August 12, 2023

August 12--Happy Birthday!

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.  --Maya Angelou

    Today is my older brother's 84th birthday. He's had an extremely rough couple of weeks due to health challenges and hospitalization. He's been called a "tough old bird," and I'm praying he hangs in there. He has always been a rainbow in my life.
    I had plenty of rainbows yesterday. I visited my younger son working at Starbucks, and he treated me to a fine coffee. I roamed around Old Town Fort Collins, shopping and enjoying the beautiful flowers and artwork all over downtown. The play fountain was loaded with squealing wet children. I went on a successful quest for Palisade peaches--they are in peak season right now, and they are heaven on the taste buds. The day then got even better, playing 18 holes at Collindale Golf Course with my older son. We laughed a lot. A younger man was paired up with us, and at one point he said to me, "I wish my mom would golf with me." That was a definite rainbow. 
    Hopefully I was a rainbow to someone yesterday. I had good interactions with all the folks who served me. I stayed in a good mood on the golf course and didn't drop any F-bombs. I had a fun time with my kids and grandson. I supported the economy by circulating some cash. 
    Shine bright, rainbows!
        Leta

Fort Collins sculpture and flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment