Thursday, August 3, 2023

August 3--Darkness and Light, Both Serve Us

Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light. 
--Madeleine L'Engle

    Speaking from personal experience, I have to agree with this one. In general, I don't think kids realize how good they have it until they are out in the world "on their own." This was totally true for me. I went through some very dark times after my mother passed. Her death when I was in my early 20s made me appreciate the rest of my family much more. I've been through the deep darkness of addiction. More recently I have been through the darkness of depression and anxiety. I'm coming out of that, and I most definitely appreciate the light--both the light to see and the returning light-ness of my spirit.
    Let us not curse the darkness.
        Leta

"The Path between Darkness and Light"
by Scott Norris

No comments:

Post a Comment