Friday, August 18, 2023

August 18--The Choices We Make

It's your life--but only if you make it so.  --Eleanor Roosevelt

    "Be yourself--everyone else is already taken." I don't remember who said that one. The gist of these sayings is that we create our life experience whether or not we are conscious of the choices we make. I do believe that conscious choices are probably more satisfying in the long run. 
    There is great uncertainty in our world and also in my life. This is a "chicken and egg" thing. I don't know if there is much uncertainty in individual lives that is creating more widespread uncertainty, or if the general malaise of uncertainty is trickling down into individual lives. What I had thought was going to be happening in my life is not, so I am at a point of figuring out other ways to be useful. I am discovering that being useful is a key part of living for me. Feeling unneeded is a paralyzing state. My prayer is to be at peace with the uncertainty and be open to new options to live fully and use my time well. 
    We shall see what develops,
        Leta
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow:
they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you,
even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
(Matthew 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment