Wednesday, August 23, 2023

August 23--Love.

To love another human in all of her splendor and imperfect perfection, it is a magnificent task... tremendous and foolish and human.  --Louise Erdrich

We think fear, anger, divine intimidation, threat, and punishment are going to lead people to love. We cannot lead people to the highest level of motivation by teaching them the lowest.  --Richard Rohr

    Love is hard. It is especially hard to love those who trouble or disagree with us. I was raised in an "us vs. them" mentality that covered all the bases--race, religion, ethnicity, and sexual orientation. I was fortunate to have friends in all of the "them" groups, helping me to understand that there is no "them," only "us." I know this intellectually, but my ego still wants to create "them" groups. 
    Let's reinforce "us" with loving kindness, and yes, it is a practice.
        Leta

Flowers bloom extravagantly for ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment