Friday, August 25, 2023

August 25--Kindness, The Best Option Always

Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you. 
--Diana Spencer, Princess of Wales

    My days begin with my husband bringing me an excellent cup of coffee--his sweet morning act of kindness. 
    There is much nastiness in the world. When I witness an instance of unkindness, it inspires me to be even more kind. Why does anyone think that rudeness, violence, name-calling, yelling, etc. are helpful or appropriate? We all have our triggers, I know. It takes a mature person to be kind in a stressful situation.
     
Let's use airports as an example. Because I travel a lot, I've seen many instances of rudeness in airports. I get it--traveling is tiring and there are delays and mechanical and weather problems. Just because things are not working out smoothly is not a reason to be rude. The workers are doing their best (whether we think so or not), so it behooves us to put our "best foot forward" as customers. I personally have had much better results when I practice kindness rather than allowing my frustrations to overcome me. 
    As the Dalai Lama reminds us: "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
        Leta

How about we ALL practice THIS religion!!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment