Wednesday, August 2, 2023

August 2--Grace

I do not at all understand the mystery of grace--only that it meets us where we are but does not leave us where it found us.  --Anne Lamott

    I am grateful for the many evidences of grace in my life. I was born into a mostly loving family, and I was given a good education and encouragement to be curious, learn and follow my intuition. I've had good jobs and the opportunity to raise a family and be in a long-term relationship. My extended family and friends are loving, caring and supportive. I have enjoyed adventures all over the world. I've had decades of recovery in a 12-step program, probably the most profound example of grace in my life. 
    I believe we are loved no matter what. We don't have to perform in a certain way--there is nothing to prove. I promise you that I do not at all understand that mystery, but it does make me feel powerfully grateful. 
        Leta

My favorite baseball stadium...
GO, CUBS!

No comments:

Post a Comment