Wednesday, October 5, 2022

October 5--Celebrating Sue; Heading Home

Age does not protect you from love, but love to some extent protects you from age.  --Jeanne Moreau

    On Tuesday, our family gathered for lunch together before heading to the funeral home. There was a visitation with family in the late afternoon, where it was great fun to reunite with folks I had not seen in a while. The service at 6:00 pm was lovely and a fitting tribute to a dearly-loved and powerfully-loving woman. There was LOTS of soul-rinsing, and not just by me! 
    After the service a crowd went back to my brother's house to continue the joy of being together to celebrate Sue. 
    I am so glad I made this 1,000 mile trip. I could not have stood not being here. The time with family has been priceless. I am also so grateful for plans in place to move my brother to assisted living, where life will be much safer and easier for him.
    Today I head west toward home, destination Wentzville, Missouri. 
        Leta

A beautiful fall day for an ice cream adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment